Friday, November 06, 2009

Drop Stitch Scarf - Designed by Christine Vogel
(aka My first pattern to knit)
I usually just “wing it” when it comes to knitting something. This is my first pattern where I have to carefully count / watch what I am doing. I’ve knitted 12 rows as of now. So far so good. I will admit at the end of the row where I had to drop stitches & count to make sure I still have 26 on my needle…I let out a scream of delight it’s the right number. Awwww….the fun of being a beginner!! LOL


The pattern calls for a silk / wool blend yarn. I’ll admit I’m using the cheap stuff on this first one to make sure I know what I’m doing. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver Multi - color Gemstone. Maybe once I get this done, I’ll go for the higher end stuff. I also think this may look great if made wider for a shawl. Only time will tell…..

As for the picture provided, it's included in the pattern info on Raverly.com with the yarn the creator of the pattern used. Pretty ain't it? = )

No comments: