Saturday, May 24, 2008

Today's Observations.....or Time To Vent

  • It's a beautiful day out, but can't go too far in my car to explore. Bet the oil companies could give a damn that the majority of the country has to pay $40+ just to fill the gas tank; not to mention to pay for the higher prices of food, beverage, etc. Will gas prices ever go down?!?
  • Clinton vs Obama...Will one of you please drop out so I can decide who I am going to vote for when all is said & done? I can't remember the last time a nomination for one party went on and on and on.... WTF?!?
  • Indiana Jones 4....it's been 19 years!!! Do you honestly think this has a chance in hell of being halfway decent to watch? Usually when it's been 5+ years long in making a sequel, the movie bombs. I hope this time to be wrong, but ya never know?
  • On a happy note - I did get the new Foxboro Hottubs CD. A side project from Green Day. If you love 60's type music with a bit of kick, you'll love this!!! I know I do. Listening to it right now in fact! Has anyone been to one of the concerts yet? Unfortunately they are sticking to doing concerts in the west. Hey boys, get your asses out here to see me!! It's too expensive to go out there these days!! LOL
  • In regards to the song Sally off the new Foxboro Hottubs CD, what song does that remind you of? Not saying the boys ripped off someone's song, but it sounds familiar to me....
  • Why is it when we live in a certain area known for National Parks & plenty of outdoorsy things, we venture elsewhere to do these things? I've lived here for 4 years now and the only time I go to the Rocky Mtn National Park is when I have company from back home in MO. Bet that place is a zoo today with the holiday and all.
  • Why does chicken cost more than beef? Trivial I know, but damn it - why?!? It shouldn't cost more to feed a chicken compared to a cow. Or does it? Honestly, why does it have to cost $7 per pound of chicken vs $3 for beef?
  • Why do people drive slower when they are on their cell phone? I passed a young lady the other day who was driving like Grandma Moses and sure enough she was yakking away on her cell phone. Bet the conversation could have waiting until she got home. Crazy cell phone users!! LOL
  • Ever since Ted Kennedy's hospital stay and discovery of his brain tumor, he's been a story for Entertainment Tonight to report on every day. Can someone please explain that to me? When did being a poltician become part of the entertainment industry? When I first heard he was in the hospital, I would have bet it was his liver that was causing him problems. Not a laughing matter in either case. As much as I do not like the Kennedys, I wouldn't wish a tragedy such as this on anyone.

Well, that's enough for now. Until next time.....

No comments: